Sunday, March 11, 2012

Week 24

How far along: 24 weeks 4 days
Estimated size of baby: Eggplant (9 in, 1.7 lbs.)


Total weight gain/loss: +14 Shew!! I guess it could be worse, but the scale shock is becoming hard!

Maternity clothes? I got a few shirts and a bathing suit top from my sister. I got out all of my spring/summer clothes over the weekend and I think I should be able to make it until June without having to buy anymore maternity clothes. That is if I can keep from gaining too much weight. It was sad to put away about 75 % of my clothes that won't fit me again until after I get some baby weight off after she is born. :( 
Stretch marks? Not yet, but I am waiting on them. I keep putting belly butter on like crazy!!

Sleep:  I am managing to find ways to be comfortable :)

Miss Anything? I miss moving around like I used too! Bending, picking things up, and sitting with my legs bent up against me are just not as easy as they used to be.

Movement: Soo much movement! She moves a lot if I try to sit with my legs bent up against me just to remind me I am squishing her. She also moves a lot at night between 6-8 or just as I am trying to relax and unwind for the night.

Food cravings: Fruit!! I want watermelon, bananas, strawberries..... I can't wait until everything is in season. It just doesn't taste the same right now.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope :)

Have you started to show? Oh yeah! I love my little belly because I know she is growing and getting strong. I just don't love the scale shock!

Labor Signs: No

Belly Button in or out? Still in

Wedding rings on or off? On for now, but my right hand ring is getting snugly on some days.

Mood: Happy/excited/motivated most days! Unmotivated and tired on others.

Best moment this week: Hearing our little girls heartbeat at the doctor on Thursday.

Weekly Wisdom: Just take deep breaths and keep cool when people tell you, "just wait, you will see one day" or "if I were you", because they mean well or just want to make conversation. They don't really mean anything by it and do not know when I am feeling hormonal. If I let the hormones take over I may just say something like "if your idiot ass can do it then I sure as hell can too" or "If you were me you would want to choke someone right now". I am not sure why people want to make parenting such a daunting task! It should be exciting!! Breath 123 Breath...


Looking forward to: Our  ultrasound next month. Can't wait to get more pictures of her and see if the placenta previa has corrected itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment